[Chess-developer] logic analyzer update

kore kore at meeq.de
Thu Nov 26 05:20:20 EET 2009

after another development sprint (I learned a new word...) Michael and
I managed to get a new release up tonight (actually it was Michael
mostly, I only provided parts of the code :) ). Why a new release, you
might ask. Well, we took some huge steps foreward the last days:

* all pieces have their legal moves and move constraints implemented now
* black and white take turns to move
* pawns are automatically promoted to queens once they reach the last
rank

I added a screenshot to the screenshots section in the wiki page: [1]

So, basically most possible moves on a chess board are accounted for.
What's missing:

* check (implemented but not yet active)
* checkmate (this is tough)
* draw (stalemate, insufficient material, threefold repetition,
50-move-rule)
* castling
* en-passent capturing

Also (my part of) the code needs a cleanup as it's a mess right now.

cheers, Dennis

[1] http://wiki.maemo.org/Miniature#Screenshots