[Chess-developer] Encore!

Michael Hasselmann michaelh at openismus.com
Mon Aug 1 09:27:55 EEST 2011

Two weeks, one rewrite and over 100 commits later.

Miniature now has a QML UI (thanks to Quim) and can show a list of game
ads from FICS. Hm, if I write it like that it somehow sounds
depressing :-D

Well, it is true, most of my work happened in the less visible parts.
And I also changed architecture details several times over those last
two weeks (some minor changes will follow still), so that explains why
we *still* cannot play chess online.

Now the next big task is probably the chess board itself (I first wanted
to use the QGraphicsView variant, but now I don't think it's worth it -
let's stick with QML for the frontend) and the ability to accept a game
ad. Then we can make some first real moves on FICS.

Anyhow, I moved development back from the encore branch to master.
Current release is 0.2.1 (only one year between releases!)

regards,
Michael

PS: Installation of .debs requires a gentle dpkg -i --force-depends, due
to my Qt version in sbox (where I build the packages) being higher than
the one available on the N950.

[LIB] http://taschenorakel.de/files/michael/libminiature-game0_0.2.1-1_armel.deb
[MIN] http://taschenorakel.de/files/michael/miniature_0.2.1-1_armel.deb