[Erminig-users] Version 3.0.3 of Erminig released

Pascal Jermini pascal+erminig at infinity.ods.org
Tue Oct 28 22:05:09 EET 2008

Dear Erminig users,

Version 3.0.3-3 of Erminig has been released to maemo-extras repository today.

First of all, please note that the version numbering has changed, and is now
in line with the version numbers shown in the Apps Manager (I made a
versioning mistake a few releases ago, and this error followed me until
today). Now there is no more confusion possible (at least I hope).

This is mostly a bug-fix release:

- fixes many errors related to recurring events (I don't claim that everything
is fixed, but the test cases I had now are OK)
- fixes crashes with events data parsing
- misc. bugs fixed
- progress bar is reset after each account processed (before it was stuck at
100% after the first account)
- stack traces after fatal (or mostly fatal) error are now reported in a gtk
window instead of being dumped to the terminal. This will help greatly with
debugging (you will be able to copy-paste the stack trace for debugging!), and
also will remove the cases where Erminig hangs without giving any indication
of why.

The future? As usual: bug fixes, more test-cases for recurring events and
contact sync (on my todo list, first draft of the code is there...)

As usual, I'm very open to suggestions, bug reports etc.!

Best wishes,

Pascal