[mafw-lastfm-devel] New projects: libscrobble and mafw-scrobbler

Claudio Saavedra csaavedra at igalia.com
Wed Jan 6 13:41:27 EET 2010

I grabbed master now and noticed some things..

El dom, 03-01-2010 a las 02:53 +0200, Felipe Contreras escribió:

>  * the credentials file was in the wrong place (and the problem was
> silently ignored)

As I said, this was done without a check for older versions'
configuration files, in the spirit of "this is unstable, and we ain't
gonna give it ready yet". However, I didn't do a release as promptly as
it was supposed, and now we have plenty of users, so just ignoring the
wrong location would be a bad move, and would piss off many users.

Therefore, I'll add some voodoo to the package postinst script to move
the credentials file to the proper place when master is next released.
Hopefully in the next days.

> * If the album field was missing, the track was dropped ("b=(NULL)")

I tested this with master, and it works as I said, track was not
dropped. I tested two ways:

- One track without album metadata.
- A track with album metadata, but setting MafwLastfmTrack.artist to
  NULL before passing it to the scrobbler (struct mangling courtesy of
gdb).

Claudio