[pymaemo] modifications to python and use on OLPC's XO

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Wed Oct 29 16:48:50 EET 2008

Hi all,

I'm a developer in the Sugar [0] project and we have some performance
issues in the OLPC's XO [1] that I think are similar to those in
Nokia's tablets because of using jffs2 (with autocompression enabled),
having limited memory and no swap, and having a slow processor.

I'd like to know if PyMaemo has made significant changes to the stock
python codebase and share some experiences that may be useful in both
projects.

Thanks,

Tomeu

[0] http://sugarlabs.org/go/What_is_Sugar%3F