[Testingsquad-list] email addresses as bug tracker

Attila Csipa maemo at csipa.in.rs
Fri Aug 6 15:50:53 EEST 2010

On Thursday 05 August 2010 15:54:30 Ian Stirling wrote:
> > As explained at this wiki page an email address is good enough for
> > "simple" apps like background pictures.
>
> There is also a obvious problem with email as tracker - especially if
> they are not verified.
> I wasn't sure if a segfault was due to smething in the app, or my
> system, so I mailed the author on the bugtracker link.

I understand that, though the same applies to web-based bugtrackers - while we
may say the maemo bugzilla or garage is okay, there is no guarantee that a
homemade bugzilla install will be present over a longer period of time. Just
sayin' (OTOH I also think it would be very wrong to FORCE people using our
bugtrackers if they don't want to).

Regards,
Attila