[Testingsquad-list] Testing/QA refresh

Andrew Flegg andrew at bleb.org
Tue Mar 6 18:10:17 EET 2012

2012/3/6 Iván Gálvez Junquera <ivgalvez at gmail.com>:

> If creating a new role (Supertesters) could be problematic from an
> administration point of view, I think we can simply grant more abilities to
> already existing Testers.

Supertesters already exist. I think you need to be careful not to look
like the current process is misunderstood when proposing changes :-)

> - Only one Tester vote, enough to promote an application.
> - Five User votes, enough to promote an application.

Is there a current role of "tester"? AIUI, there are two roles:

  * Logged in user
  * Supertester

The "Testing Squad" and "testers" are just people, self-organising via
this list, which commit to test multiple applications; even ones
they're not usually interested in. They fit into the first role.

"Supertesters" were introduced to deal with a bottleneck or stalemate
to help get things over the hurdle which were somewhat niche and
needed more testing.

It would probably also be worth shining more light on this topic and
linking up with the apps.formeego.org QA process so that similar
missteps can be avoided for Harmattan apps. Fortunately, bergie &
X-Fade are already intimately involved with the delivery there, but it
might be worth engaging the wider development community who are
affected by this kind of change.

Cheers,

Andrew

--